Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 cups Raw Spinach
- 1 medium Red Onion
- 2 tbsp Garlic Minced
- 4 oz Bleu Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 pkg Quinoa I prefer Roasted Red Pepper by Near East
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry spaghetti squash.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds and the stringy parts of the flesh. Best scooped out with a spoon.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil all over the 2 halves and season the inside with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes. Poke it with a knife to check if the flesh is tender.
- Prepare quinoa as directed on package.
Stuffing for Squash
- While the squash is cooking, prepare the filling.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large pan for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and garlic and sautee for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix cooked quinoa with spinach mixture and remove from heat.
Combining Squash & Stuffing
- When the squash is cooked, let it cool for 5 minutes. (It will be very hot!)
- Turn the squash around and with a fork, gently pull the squash flesh from the skin so that it starts to look like spaghetti strands.
- Spoon spaghetti strands into the spinach/quinoa mixture and gently mix together.
- Season mixture to taste (additional salt, pepper, garlic – if needed).
- Place filling mixture back into the spaqhetti squash shells.
- Top with bleu cheese.
- Place back in oven and cook for 10 minutes.